Dept of Fixed Prosthodontics and Orofacial Function
The Dept of Fixed Prosthodontics and Orofacial Function belongs to the Division of Oral Reconstruction and Comprehensive Dentistry.
|Associate Professor||Shoichi ISHIGAKI|
|Associate Professor||Atsushi MINE|
|Associate Professor||Tamaki NAKANO|
|Associate Professor||Kazumichi WAKABAYASHI|
|Associate Professor||Ryota TAKAOKA|
■ Research Projects
- The Dental Implant Research Group is working on clinical research of the aesthetic implant treatment, mechanical study of implant abutment assemblies and evaluating the accuracy of intra oral scanners.
- The Craniomandibular Function and Dysfunction Research Group is working on the genetic factors of osteoarthritis in the temporomandibular joint, neuropathic pain, cognitive dysfunction of pain in patients with chronic pain, genetic and environmental factors of sleep bruxism in twins.
- The Adhesive Dentistry Research Group is evaluating the interface between enamel/dentin and materials in the quasi-clinical situation. We are also conducting clinical research on prosthodontic treatment.
- The Material Science Research Group is working on the research of color of natural teeth and CAD/CAM materials, and the analyses of optical properties of ceramics, resins, and human gingival tissue for in silico optical simulations.
- The Biology-driven prosthodontics research group has been focusing on research in iPS cells and bone biology for oral tissue regeneration.
3D image of a temporomandibular joint